Buhari Is A Dictator ~Says Afrobeat Idol Femi Anikulapo
Afrobeat idol, Femi Kuti, said he had refused to join the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC), when the Vice President invited him to join, as he felt that President Muhammadu Buhari imprisoned his father, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, in 1984 for unconstitutional reasons.
Femi said that he refused to join the APC when Vice President Yemi Osinbajo asked him to, just as he refused to join the opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) when its members wanted to lobby him in.
He added that the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, is still his friend up to the moment because he understands and respects his view.
The 58-year-old musician stated in a series of tweets on Friday to explain his participation in the January 2012 protest in Ojota, Lagos against fuel price hike during the regime of the former president, President Goodluck Jonathan, emphasizing how he pulled out immediately he realized the protest was politically motivated.
“I want to state for clarity and posterity my role in the Ojota protest,” Femi stated.
“I was invited for what I and many believed was a genuine cause regarding the cost of fuel.
“As soon as I found out it was politically motivated I pulled out.
“I got a lot of backlash at the time but stood my ground.
“For the record, I have NEVER and will NEVER affiliate with any political party that I don’t feel has the genuine interest of the people of Nigeria at heart.”

Comments
Post a Comment