POEM: My Exprience On Lagos Road On Soyinka's Birthday ~See What Governor Promised Me
By Ibrahim Kegbegbe
I experienced traffic jam before getting to Lagos Island.
I need to see and chat with a mind at a Thinker's Island,
He is not only a Thinker but a highly philosophical and logical thinking Mind
I wish the traffic would not hinder me from this academic experience.
What a pity! Is this what our public relations Officer always experience?
I only saw this during the Adefarasin Tafawa Balewa Square's Experience!
Mummy P.R at MAC 126 avenue always bears this, I need to bear it also to have the experience.
No! I won't go back because I need to see and to also be acknowledged.
A voice from the back seat says: "no one is an island of knowledge"
I never knew I could hear this on a bus rather than in a college.
Now I know that traveling is another way of acquiring knowledge.
To the first Citizen of Lagos! this mess at the extreme of Lagos has to be dealt with before November Seventeen,
Because the odd experience really affects the special odd number- July Thirteen.
The birthday of the Intellectual Promise is November Seventeen,
While the Walking Encyclopaedia's birthday is July Thirteen.

Comments
Post a Comment